Monday, January 20, 2014

6.4 Pounds Down!

At work, we have started the 'Biggest Loser' competition.  While I really wasn't sure about doing it at first, I can say after only two weeks I am SO glad I signed up!  After one week of walking every night, and eating healthy I lost 6.4 pounds!  I also was the biggest loser (never thought I'd be happy about those words) for the week.  Now we are almost done with week two and I'm a little nervous. I've still done good, however, I'm not sure if the pounds will continue to be lost, or if my body was in such shock last week that I lost more than I should have.  I know losing 6 pounds in a week isn't the norm, and I'm not sure what to expect for this coming up week! Plus I'm really competitive and I've enjoyed being number one the first week :)

A lot of people asked me what I was doing to lose the weight.  First, I downloaded the 'Lose it' App on my phone.  I've been counting calories on that and it has helped a lot!  You don't realize how many calories you are really eating in a day unless you see the number.  It is kind of shocking!  Second, all I've drank for the past two weeks is water!  Some coffee, mostly water.  Third, I go power walking everyday.  This is probably my favorite part so far!  It is a nice way to decompress after work and have some quiet time.  I also have been eating 5 small meals a day versus 3.  I try to stack the majority of my calories towards the beginning of the day and have a light dinner.  I also won't eat after 7ish.  So far that is mostly what I've been doing.

The best piece of advice I can give so far is do not deprive yourself.  I refuse to eat lettuce and bland chicken.  Nope, I won't do it.  However I am making smarter choices with the foods I do enjoy.  For example I love me some tacos.  But I only eat the serving size now, and I cook it with ground turkey versus ground beef.  Serving size is a huge factor to weight loss.  I didn't realize you weren't supposed to pack away half a bag of chips in one sitting....Wow who knew :)

Anyways, just wanted to share how it was going so far!  Wednesday is the next weigh in and I'll let you know how it goes from there!

With love,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment