Monday, January 27, 2014

Poof! 4 more pounds off my body!

*Insert happy dance here*

We just finished Week 2 in our Biggest Loser Challenge at work and boy am I super pleased with how it is going!  I am down 11 pounds so far! I really can't believe it is actually working!  Honestly I think the reason most of my "lifestyle" changes have failed in the past is the simple fact that I:

A) Wasn't weighing myself
B) Wasn't keeping a food journal
C) Had no accountability

Now that there is money involved and people at work watching me, I sure am a lot more mindful of what I eat!  I think this will help change my entire mindset on food and working out.  I do have to say along with losing weight, I have way more energy than I used to, and I don't get winded talking or walking down the hall anymore!  How embarrassing to be talking to your class and have to stop to catch your breath?!  No more for me!  Week 3 weigh in is this Wednesday, and I am a little nervous.  I've been doing so well that I am so terrified to start gaining weight.  I don't want to feel like I failed and stop trying.  I really want to change my life and be an example of a healthy lifestyle for my students, friends, husband, and future kids.  I just am to the point where I am SO sick of myself and how I look/felt!

This weekend was a little rough though.  On Saturday my sister came down and we went to this cute little tea place.  I really had to control myself because the first thing they bring you when you sit down is a SCONE....umm yum!  I didn't eat it, but I wanted to.  It just wasn't worth it.  The meal was fine, I had a quiche, salad, and soup.  Instead of eating the 4 squares of cheese, I only had one.  And finally dessert was brought out.  This was the hardest part. I had the waitress box it up and sent it home with my sister.  I just wanted to swipe my hand through the frosting once, but kept seeing the number on the scale...again not worth it!

Overall, I feel pretty successful.  I don't feel deprived and my body is feeling 10x better.  I wake up with more energy and have a good amount of energy for the rest of the day!  Hopefully we can keep it going in the right direction!

With love,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment